Dojo Etiquette, Health and Safety Guidelines
DOJO ETIQUETTE, HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
- All training activities are to be under the supervision.
- Training equipment shall only be used under the supervision.
- Free sparring is not permitted outside of advanced training class.
- All free sparring activities require safety gear to be worn by all participants. The free sparring protective gear minimum is a mouth guard, foot guards, hand guards, head protection, and groin protection for males.
- Mats will be used for any technique with potential torso or head to ground contact, such as rolls, throws, or self-defense techniques.
- All injuries, equipment failure, or dojo damage should be reported immediately to the leading Sensei for the class.
- Injuries that include persistent sharp pain require a minimum of a 1-week break from regular training.
- Training is prohibited while an individual is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that impairs function or judgment. It is the responsibility of the student to inform Sensei of changes in physical condition, injuries, and health.
- A respectful bow is desired of all members entering and exiting the dojo.
- Shoes shall be removed at the front door of the dojo entrance and neatly placed in designated area. Kindly use shoe caddies.
- For questions during class, raise your hand and direct your questions to the lead Sensei for that class.
- Instructors and fellow students should be addressed with respect.
- Training involves active listening and participation, be alert and responsive.
- Present a positive and respectful attitude and manner.
- Training sessions are for students only. All introductions to Sensei are through pre-arranged appointments.
- Members should attend their regularly scheduled sessions. Extended absence should be discussed with Sensei.
- All members are required to attend class in a clean complete karate uniform.
- All jewelry and body adornments must be removed prior to training.
- Phone usage is limited to emergency.
- Leave changing room, restroom, and dojo in neat condition.
- Do not leave valuables in the changing room. Purses or wallets may be placed under the seats during class.
- No leaning against the mirrors, dojo walls, plant stands, or training equipment.
- No smoking within the dojo, outside of the dojo, or near the dojo
- Conversations in the seating area of the dojo should be in a quiet voice as to not disturb ongoing classes.
- If you are feeling unwell or have cold symptoms, stay home and focus on recovery.
Health and Safety Guidelines
- We take pride in doing everything possible to maintain a clean and welcoming dojo.
- Should anything need attention, kindly bring it to our attention at the first opportunity.
- Water refill station is filtered. Please bring your own water bottle.
- Breath easy, Air scrubbers and purifiers are used.
- Please be mindful of governments guidelines
- As per Karate Canada guidelines, we do not train with masks on the mats. If you are not comfortable training without a mask, then we respectfully ask you to visit us when other government mandates are lifted and you are comfortable training without a mask.